2007-06-25

I Love Flamenco!!!



Went on Saturday to a show of friend Tammy's flamenco school. WOW!!! I couldn't believe it. So, so beautiful, emotional, poetic.

Stunning production all around, and Tammy (yellow skirt) is certainly one of the more talented dancers there, IMO. Her transitions are very smooth, her gestures appropriately poetic and graceful--without being grotesque or overly exaggerated. Her timing is also flawless. And she dances with a huge grin on her face. You can see she is all into it, and totally lost in the creative act. Ole, Tammy, and Bravo!


I will be posting future show dates on here one I know about them. More than worth the price of admission. Treat yourself to some poetry in motion. I hear they will be dancing in Centential Square here in Victoria early July. Y'all stay tuned.

Thanks to Steve Switzer for the photos.

To see more go here and here.

C


3 comments:

Steve said...

Colin -- You did a great job of incorporating the photos, and your write-up. Thanks for the photo credit!

- Steve.

Nicholas Williams said...

No sweat Steve, thanks so much for letting me post them. Stunning photography, man. Woots. I may be wanting to work up one or two into some large paintings--I'll ask you.

C

Steve said...

Just let me know which photos you'd want to use, and I'll send you both the original photos and the high-res cropped versions.

- Steve.