2007-06-18

Sculpture

Well, I am not really that happy with this Blogger template, even after my mods to it, but it will have to do for now. I am pretty tired still from yesterday, having ridden my bicycle 80 km in 2.5 hours in cold/ windy/ humid/ hilly conditions.

But I just recieved a freindly email from a sculptor/ carver I hugely like, and I had to let you know about his photos posted on my work website. I was looking at his photos again today, having just gotten the captions coded in. I'm the webmaster at my day job, too.

This man has an incredibly solid and at the same time playful sense of form. I LOVE his simplified volumes and general overall style. I get the same buzz looking at Russell's stuff as any of the great European masters (and like him a lot more than, say Moore or Arp).

Which reminds me--I still need to go finish looking at Rodin at the AGGV. I like Rodin (I guess, if I could actually pronounce his name).

Mr. Adolph is an artist I would like to actually have in my apartment. His small stone pieces are simply delightful.

Think I'm coming down with a cold.

G'nite.

No comments: