2008-01-21

Hangin' With the Pros

Like a custom suit or dress may make someone feel more professional, successful or self-confident, so too the custom frame.

Professional artist and framer, Greg Snead, who lives close to me here on Hillside, will be getting all my business from now on. The quality of his framing, his great service, and his kind mentoring have already been important to me, and is helping me put my best foot forward for my upcoming shows.

Tastefully chosen stock (I let him) and perfect mitres make me feel like I stole this piece from the National Gallery or something! I'm kinda shocked to see a frame this nice around one of my pieces.

The back of the piece, with the paper cover "to keep bugs out" as Greg says. It looks professional on the back now, too.















Plastic coated heavy-gauge wire, and the usual screw-eye replaced with a two-screw plate ensures that your picture will still be on the wall if The Big One finally hits the Left Coast here. The picture will last as long as the wall does......
















And these little plastic thingies will keep the bottom edge of the frame from marking the wall during the inevitable aftershocks.

Seriously, this level of workmanship and attention to detail is a revelation, and a nice match for the artwork. I am stoked to offer Greg Snead's frames for sale with my work.

No comments: