2008-03-09

Big Pine, Douglas Lake

"Big Pine, Douglas Lake" 18 X 24"

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I have actually been able to get some painting done, even with all the stupid busy-ness around the dayjob, going to openings, trying to start training, being tired, and dating some nice women and stuff.

Hey, let's not forget to paint, now.

So here's the latest. Also from the same bike-blast out to the Nicola region I did ten years ago. This is just up the road from "Bend in the Road, Douglas Lake". I seriously doubt that this tree is still standing, and if it is, it will be dead as a doornail, because of the mountain pine beetle epidemic. Sad to think that my beautiful art is archival, documenting a dying planet. I never wanted it this way.....

I'll post a full compositional breakdown, self-absorbed technical bullshit blurb up here when I get back from the Conference next week. But for now, enjoy the pic. I have something important to do with the last few hours of my weekend--paint!

Be Blessed, All,
N

2 comments:

Cartoon Characters said...

How much is this one...I would like it....you are VERY GOOD!!!

Nicholas Williams said...

Thanks Lauralyn! Everything on here is for sale, yup! Unless otherwise indicated.